Powered by Blogger.

Gluten Free Chocolate Traybake - We Should Cocoa June 2014

Sunday 1 June 2014

I am delighted to be hosting We Should Cocoa this month on behalf of Choclette.  Last month the challenge was to bake a chocolate cake costing less than £1, you can see the fab round-up from last month here.

The theme I have chosen for this month is Gluten Free.  I know many people who are Coeliac and they find it rather challenging to find tasty bakes suitable for their needs.  What better way to show them some support, and provide tasty baking inspiration, than invite bloggers to share their delicious Chocolate based Gluten Free bakes! 

My recipe is a popular one for cake stalls and afternoon teas, Gluten Free Chocolate Traybake.  Easy and quick to make, you can ice the traybake if you wish or simply dust with icing sugar.  

Gluten Free Chocolate Traybake

125g butter
330g caster sugar
1 dollop vanilla bean paste or 1 tsp vanilla extract
3 free range eggs, lightly beaten
150g gluten-free plain flour, I used Doves Farm
1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
40g cocoa powder

Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan. Grease and line a 17cm x 28cm Swiss Roll/traybake tin. 

Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add the eggs alternately with the flour, baking powder and cocoa mixing until a smooth mixture forms.

Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Leave to cool completely in the tin. Cut into servings, dust with icing sugar and enjoy with a cuppa.



I cannot wait to see all the delicious Gluten Free Chocolate bakes you all come up with!

Here's how to enter:

Post your recipe on your blog, mention “We Should Cocoa” in your post, link to this post and to Chocolate Log Blog.

Add the URL of your post to the linky below

Entries should be submitted no later than midnight of the 25th of the month.

The round up of entries will be posted on my blog on or before the last day of the month.

If you tweet your entry please use the hashtag #weshouldcocoa and mention @utterlyscrummy and @choclette8 and we will retweet entries.

Please feel free to add your entry to the We Should Cocoa group board on Pinterest. If you are not already a member and would like to join, please ask Choclette.

If you are interested in guest hosting We Should Cocoa, please get in touch with Choclette.



15 comments:

  1. oh yes, this is a great idea for the challenge... my niece and step-mum are both gluten intollerrant and are always asking for more GF stuff on my blog... I have a lovely recipe in mind too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you bake Dom, your bakes are always delicious! :)

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this theme and so will my housemate when I bake my entry for her because she is a coeliac. Time to go scouring my recipe books for inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what you bake :) It's always great to treat someone with a bake, especially those with dietary needs.

      Delete
  3. I've added it to The Food Blog Diary for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Count me in :-) Recently went gluten free myself so will love this challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news Linzi, I look forward to seeing your delicious creation. :)

      Delete
  5. A very interesting challenge! Will see what I can come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will be stunning and scrumptious Elizabeth :)

      Delete
  6. Great theme Michelle and your brownies look totally scrummy. I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with. Thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Choclette for letting me host :) I can't wait to see all the bakes either.

      Delete
  7. Ah nuts, I was a month early. I shared a chickpea flour cake last month and was slammed it was an expensive flour. :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo, I know JUST the thing! (and if you're looking for a recipe, I actually have quite a few GF choc recipes on my blog, mainly designed with my GF sister-in-law in mind). And thank goodness that this is so much easier than the May challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aha! The fact that I had no plain flour in the house and decided to make my 2-ingredient shortbread experiment with rice flour has worked in my favour...

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top