Powered by Blogger.

Peach Traybake

Thursday 12 June 2014
I purchased some punnets of peaches from the supermarket the other day which were reduced to 30p each, approximately 5p per peach.  My children munched their way through a fair number of peaches and I decided to bake with the last punnet.

This traybake is really quick and easy, you could use plums, apricots, nectarines or even berries instead of peaches.  Perfect with a cuppa or as a lunchbox treat, a great way to use up over-ripe fruit.


Peach Traybake

200g unsalted butter, softened
150g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract or one dollop of vanilla bean paste
3 free range eggs, I used large
225g plain wholemeal flour
2 tsp baking powder
250ml Greek-style natural yoghurt
4 peaches, halved and stones removed. Some diced and some thinly sliced

Preheat your oven to 180C/160C Fan.  Line a 20 x 30cm Swill roll tin with non-stick baking paper, allowing a one inch overhang on all sides.

In a stand mixer, or using a hand held electric beater, to cream the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and fluffy.  Add the eggs, 1 at a time with a tablespoon of flour, beating well after each addition.

Add the yoghurt to the mixture then sift the rest of the flour and baking powder over the top and gently fold in until completely incorporated. Fold through the diced peaches.  

Pour the mixture into your the prepared cake tin and smooth the surface. Arrange the sliced peaches on top of the mixture and gently press each down slightly.  Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.

Set aside to cool in the cake tin for 5 minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.  Dust with icing sugar, cut into pieces then serve.



I'm entering this recipe into Credit Crunch Munch, a monthly blog challenge created by Helen and Camilla, hosted this month by Lancashire Food.  



5 comments:

  1. Mmm this looks yummy and I love the fact that you use wholemeal flour too which just gives more flavour and is better for you:-) Thank you for a healthy entry to Credit Crunch Munch. If my nectarines hurry up and ripen I might well try this out as I have a pot of greek style yogurt languishing in the friidge and a new swiss roll tin to try out:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning dish and fabulous entry to credit crunch munch and a great usage of bargain peaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it looks fabulous! I just keep eating and juicing all the nectarines and peaches. Once they are ripe they only get as far as my mouth. No cake in sight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my... you know me, I love a puddingy cake or a cakey pudding... how amazing would this be served warm with custard!... OH YES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Dom... warm with custard... right here... right now!!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top