Powered by Blogger.

Spicy Vegetable 'Noodle' Soup

Thursday 19 May 2016
As I mentioned previously, I am trying to eat healthier meals, and ensuring each meal contains extra vegetables where possible.  I picked up some spiralised sweet potato at the supermarket reduced to 20p and a pack of stir fry vegetables which were also reduced to 20p.  I decided to turn them into a delicious soup for myself and my 16yo to enjoy, perfect fuel for her exam revision.

Spicy Vegetable 'Noodle' Soup

300g spralised sweet potato, or use a vegetable peeler to create 'ribbons'
500g mixed vegetable stir fry
1 litre vegetable stock
2 onions, roughly diced
2 cloves garlic, mined
2 tsp fresh ginger, very finely grated
1 tsp turmeric powder

Spray a large saucepan with a little oil and cook the onions until softened but not coloured.  Add the turmeric, garlic and ginger then cook for a couple of minutes.  Add the stock and vegetables, simmer for 5 - 10 minutes until the sweet potato 'noodles' are tender.  Serve immediately, with a bread roll or two on the side. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top