Powered by Blogger.

Cranberry Jam and a Christmas Wreath

Tuesday 17 December 2013
I love giving homemade gifts at Christmas, it is usually cheaper and you don't have to battle the crowded shops quite so much.  I saw fresh cranberries in the supermarket and decided to try making jam out of them instead of Cranberry Sauce, the jam wasn't as tart and sharp as I expected.  It is delicious on freshly baked bread.

The lovelies at Hobbycraft sent me some goodies to help with our homemade Christmas gift giving and crafting.  I used their jars for the jam and the tree decorations decorating the jars are from there are well.



Cranberry Jam

350g  fresh cranberries
350g caster sugar


Put a film of water in the bottom of a large heavy based saucepan, add the cranberries and sugar.  Stir over a low heat until the sugar dissolves; this will take a little while so be patient.  Turn up the heat and boil the mixture rapidly until setting point is reached, about 5 - 7 minutes.  Pour the jam into a sterilised jars and seal immediately.  I sieved my jam to get a clear jam but you don’t have to.



Our Christmas Wreath

Hobbycraft is a regular haunt of mine, it is also the one shop my three daughters pester me to take them to visit regularly.  We were delighted to receive a large package of Christmas crafting materials from them and I shall be blogging about other things we make as we work our way through the supplies. We made this Christmas wreath this past weekend using decorations supplied by Hobbycraft and some crocheted by 7yo who is barely without a crochet hook in her hand lately.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back to Top