Powered by Blogger.

Quick and Easy Lemon Yoghurt Cake

Sunday 11 May 2014
Sometimes you just fancy a slice of cake.  This cake is so quick to mix and get in the oven which means you and yours will soon be devouring freshly baked deliciousness.  Best of all this cake is large, 23cm/9 inches round, so there is plenty to share with friends and family. 

I've been baking this cake for years, it is so easy to make that my older two children can bake it by themselves.  We always tend to have lemons and yoghurt in the house.  Should you feel the need for cake give this one a whirl!




Quick and Easy Lemon Yoghurt Cake

350g caster sugar
zest of 2 lemons
2 large free range eggs
250ml oil, I used vegetable oil
300g natural yoghurt, I used Greek Style
50ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
300g self raising flour

Preheat oven to 180C/160C Fan.  Grease and line a 23cm round cake tin.

Place the sugar, zest, eggs, oil, yoghurt and lemon juice into a large bowl.  Mix with an electric beater until thoroughly combined.  Measure in the flour and fold through gently until just combined.  
Pour the cake batter into your prepared tin and bake for 50 - 60 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.  Remove from the oven and leave the cake in the tin to cool.  Remove the cake from the tin once cool and dust with icing sugar or spread with icing before serving.



4 comments:

  1. It looks wonderful. I do love lemon in a cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly the kind of cake I love - zingy lemon and creamy yogurt.... this is getting bookmarked!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I very often use mild, olive oil and yogurt in my cakes, something my mum taught me, This one looks absolutely scrummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely looking cake - I shared it on Facebook and everyone loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top